In this module, you will learn about:
- where salts come from and how they get into water,
- how salinity can be measured and evaluated,
- which salts may be detrimental when irrigating landscape plants,
- why sometimes it's a good idea to apply more irrigation water than plants actually need, and
- how to understand commonly-cited water quality parameters.
After becoming familiar with these topics, you will know enough about salinity to begin assessing the suitability of a recycled water or any other water for your own landscape project.