Exploring other sources of information
Water quality-related subjects
Supplemental references: Water quality and salinity
Articles and books
- Duncan, R. R., R. N. Carrow, and M. Huck. 2000. Understanding water quality and guidelines to management. USGA Green Section Record, September/October 2000, pp. 14–24. Available online at http://turf.lib.msu.edu/gsr/
- Hall, Terry. 2004. Evaluating water quality. University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Publication 8118 (Farm Water Quality Planning Fact Sheet 5.2), 14 pp. Available online at http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu
- Hanson, Blaine R., and Stephen R. Grattan. 1990. Field sampling of soil, water, and plants, Chapter 9 in Agricultural Salinity Assessment and Management, K. K. Tanji, ed., American Society of Civil Engineers, New York, 619 pp.
- Jurinak, J. J. 1990. The chemistry of salt-affected soils and waters, Chapter 3 in Agricultural Salinity Assessment and Management, K. K. Tanji, ed. American Society of Civil Engineers, New York, 619 pp.
- Peacock, Bill. 1998. The use of soil and water analysis. University of California Cooperative Extension, Tulare County, Publication #IG3-96. Available online at http://cetulare.ucdavis.edu/pubgrape/ig396.htm
- Richards, L. A. 1954. Diagnosis and Improvement of Saline and Alkali Soils. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Handbook No. 60. [See, in particular, Chapter 5, Quality of irrigation water.]
- Westcot, Dennis W., and Robert S. Ayers. 1985. Irrigation water quality criteria, Chapter 3 in Irrigation With Reclaimed Municipal Wastewater — A Guidance Manual, G. Stuart Pettygrove and Takashi Asano, eds. Lewis Publishers, Chelsea, Michigan.
- Williamson, Rhea, and John Klamut. 2007. Surface water quality, in Watersheds, Groundwater, and Drinking Water: A Practical Guide, T. Harter and L. Rollins, eds. Oakland: University of California Agriculture and Natural Resources Publication 3497 (in press).