Exploring other sources of information
Supplemental references: Plants other than turfgrass
Articles and books
- Bridwell, Ferrell M. 2001. Landscape Plants: Their Identification, Culture, and Use, second edition. Thomson Delmar Learning, 624 pp.
- Burrell, C. Colston. 2006. Native Alternatives to Invasive Plants. Brooklyn Botanic Garden All-Region Guides, special double volume, 240 pp.
- Carson, Jim, Gary Shimizu, Chuck Ingels, Pamela A. Geisel, and Carolyn N. Unruh. 2002. Fruit Trees: Planting and Care of Young Trees. University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Publication 8048. Available online at fruitsandnuts.ucdavis.edu/crops/8048.pdf
- Dallman, Peter. 1998. Plant Life in the World’s Mediterranean Climates: California, Chile, South Africa, Australia, and the Mediterranean Basin. University of California Press, 257 pp.
- Knopf, Jim. 1999. Waterwise Landscaping with Trees, Shrubs, and Vines: A Xeriscape Guide for the Rocky Mountain Region, California, and the Desert Southwest. Chamisa Press, 408 pp.
- Lanner, Ronald M. 1999. Conifers of California. Cachuma Press, Los Olivos, California, 274 pp.
- Lattig, June, editor. 1976. Plant Communities of Southern California. California Native Plant Society special publication no. 2, 164 pp.
- Pavlik, Bruce M., Pamela C. Muick, Sharon G. Johnson, and Marjorie Popper. 1991. Oaks of California. Cachuma Press, 184 pp.
- Rundel, Philip, and Robert Gustafson. 2005. Introduction to the Plant Life of Southern California: Coast to Foothills. University of California Press, 316 pp.
- Stuart, John D., and John O. Sawyer. 2001. Trees and Shrubs of California. University of California Press, 467 pp.
- Wu, Lin, James A. Harding, and M. A. Harivandi. 1998. Studies of recycled water irrigation and effects of elevated mineral nutrient concentrations on growth and ion uptake of landscape plant species and ornamental grasses. Available online at groups.ucanr.org/slosson/documents/1995-19982109.pdf
- Wu, Lin, Xun Guo, and Jerry Brown. 2000. Studies of recycled water irrigation and performance of landscape plants under urban landscape conditions. Available online at groups.ucanr.org/slosson/documents/1999-20002062.pdf