Exploring other sources of information
Supplemental references: Turfgrass
Articles and books
- Branson, Roy L. 1961. Salinity in relation to turfgrass, in California Turfgrass Culture, volume 11, no. 4, pages 27–28. Available online at http://ucrturf.ucr.edu/publications/CTC/ctc_authorindex_ac.htm#b19
- Choate, Richard B., and James A. Watkins. 1994. Turf Irrigation Manual: The Complete Guide to Turf and Landscape Irrigation Systems, 5th edition. Weather-matic Division of Telsco Industries, Dallas, Texas, 396 pp.
- Cockerham, Stephen T., Victor A. Gibeault, and Deborah A. Silva. 2004. Establishing and Maintaining the Natural Turf Athletic Field. University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Publication 21617, 56 pp.
- Elmore, C. L., C. A. Wilen, D. W. Cudney, V. A. Gibeault, and M. A. Harivandi. 2005. Turfgrass species. University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Publication 3365-T. Available online at http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/r785900111.html
- Gibeault, Victor A., Jewell Myer, M. Ali Harivandi, Michael Henry, and Stephen Cockerham. 1991. Managing Turfgrasses During Drought. Cooperative Extension, University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Leaflet 21499, 8 pp.
- Harivandi, M. Ali. 1999. Interpreting Turfgrass Irrigation Water Test Results. University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Publication 8009, 9 pp. Available online at http://ucrturf.ucr.edu/publications/CTC/ctc_authorindex_all.htm#h1
- Harivandi, M. Ali. 1984. Selecting the best turfgrass, in California Turfgrass Culture, Volume 34, no. 4. Available online at http://anrcatalog.ucdavis.edu/InOrder/Shop/Shop.asp?stritem=17
- Leinaur, Bernd, and Casey Johnson. 2005. Turfgrass establishment with saline irrigation, in SoCal Salinity News, Summer 2005. Available online at www.nwri-usa.org/uploads/Salinity%20News%20Proof.pdf
- Mitra, Sowmya, 2006. Effects of recycled water on turfgrass quality maintained under golf course fairway conditions. WateReuse Foundation. Available online at http://www.watereuse.org/Foundation/researchreport.htm
- Morgan, Wayne. 1961. Water management of turfgrasses and trees, in California Turfgrass Culture, volume 11, no 3. Available online at http://ucrturf.ucr.edu/publications/CTC/ctc_authorindex_jm.htm#m1
- Snyder, Richard L., M. Ali Harivandi, and B. J. Lanini. 1991. Turfgrass Evapotranspiration Map Central Coast of California. Leaflet 21491. Cooperative Extension, University of California Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources. 8 pp.
- Encycloweedia, published by the California Department of Food and Agriculture, provides information about plants defined as noxious weeds by California law. Available online at http://www.cdfa.ca.gov/phpps/ipc/encycloweedia/encycloweedia_hp.htm
- Many of the articles that appear in Grounds Maintenance magazine provide useful information about landscape plants. All articles, past and present, are available on the magazine’s website (http://grounds-mag.com/). Use the site’s search field and appropriate keywords to find articles of interest.
- The U.S. Department of Agriculture’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (USDA–NRCS) has created a database containing information about 30,000-plus plants. It is available online at http://plants.usda.gov/index.html
- The journal California Turfgrass Culture contains reports on turfgrass-related UC research. Volumes 1 to 40 (from 1951 to 1990) have been archived for online retrieval: http://ohric.ucdavis.edu/Newsltr/CTC/ctcv_index1.htm