Exploring other sources of information
Supplemental references: Effects of salt on plants
- Blaylock, Alan D. 1994. Soil salinity, salt tolerance, and growth potential of horticultural and landscape plants. University of Wyoming Cooperative Extension Service, Publication B-988. Available online at ces.uwyo.edu/PUBS/Wy988.pdf
- Board on Agriculture and Natural Resources of the National Research Council. 1993. Salts and trace elements, Chapter 10 of Soil and Water Quality: An Agenda for Agriculture. National Academies Press. Available online starting at http://books.nap.edu/openbook.php?record_id=2132&page=361
- Delahaut, K. A., and E. R. Hasselkus. 1996. Salt injury to landscape plants. University of Wisconsin Extension Service publication. Available online at http://cf.uwex.edu/ces/pubs/pdf/A2970.pdf
- Denver Water. Undated [cited 2006]. Recycled water for trees and shrubs. Denver, Colorado. Available online from www.denverwater.org/recycle/recycled_water_for_trees.html
- Francois, Leland E. 1980. Salt injury to ornamental shrubs and ground covers. United States Department of Agriculture Home and Garden Bulletin no. 231. 10 pp. Available online at http://agnic.msu.edu/hgpubs/modus/00000231.htm
- Gallant, Adrien. 2000. Salt-affected turf and landscape. Available online at http://www.nutriteturf.ca/graphics/salt_affected.doc.
- Kozlowski, T. T. 1997. Responses of woody plants to flooding and salinity, Tree Physiology Monograph No. 1. Heron Publishing, Victoria, Canada. Available online at heronpublishing.com/tp/monograph/kozlowski.pdf
- Laüchi, André, and Emanuel Epstein. 1990. Plant responses to saline and sodic conditions, Chapter 6 in Agricultural Salinity and Assessment, K. K. Tanji, ed. American Society of Civil Engineers, 620 pp.
- Rhoades, J.D., A. Kandiah, and A.M. Mashali. 1992. Water quality assessment, Chapter 4 in The use of saline waters for crop production, FAO Irrigation and Drainage Paper 48. Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations. Available online at www.fao.org/docrep/T0667E/t0667e07.htm
- Wong, Melvin. 2005. Salinity effects in nursery and landscape plants. Cooperative Extension Service, College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources. Available online at www.ctahr.hawaii.edu/oc/freepubs/pdf/SCM-12.pdf